As part of the Employee Engagement Task Force, representatives from the Public and Private sectors and the TUC came together to develop a toolkit for maintaining employee engagement during restructuring.
The video includes interviews from CEO’s, Trade Union Officers and Employees and is structured into sections, each section concluding with open questions to facilitate planning conversations.
The video was developed with a target audience of leadership teams planning change.
Key findings include:
- Importance of the ‘four enablers’:
- Strategic narrative – people need to know why, and where the organisation is heading
- Engaging leaders – people seek out leaders to give them confidence
- Employee Voice – people want to be involved in working out solutions (for the organisation and for them personally)
- Integrity – builds confidence and trust
Restructuring puts the relationship between the organisation and the employee in the spotlight.
A Masterclass was also held on the topic and it can be viewed again here