Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
2021 Update on Reasonable Accommodations and the Interactive Process Under ADA
22 April 2021 |1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT149
Disability accommodation is an important and visible aspect of ethical business practices. Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act will ensure your organization is operating in an ethical manner.
The EEOC recently updated its technical guidance on applying the ADA during the COVID-19 pandemic. You need to understand the latest requirements and again update your policies and procedures accordingly.
Non-compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) can prove to be costly for employers. Penalties in excess of hundreds of thousands of dollars for non-compliance put employers at substantial risk. Can your organization afford to be non-compliant?
- What is the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- Titles I through V of the Act
- Which agencies enforce Titles I through V?
- Definitions of terms used in the Act
- Major life activities outlined in the Act
- Conditions considered to be disabilities under ADA
- Conditions excluded from the definition of disability
- The accommodation process
- Concept of reasonable accommodation
- Limitations on the obligation to make reasonable accommodations
- Service animals
- Fragrance sensitivity
- Website guidelines
- Marijuana and the ADA
- HR’s role in enforcing provisions of ADA
- Maintaining existing production and performance standards for an employee with a disability
- Interactions between Federal & State law
- Recordkeeping requirements
- Posting requirements
- Proposed future changes to ADA
Why You Should Attend:
This webinar will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will explain the importance of compliance and the consequences of non-compliance. Participants will gain a solid understanding of the ADA’s disability accommodation process and the interactions between Federal and State laws.
Who Should Attend:
- Human Resource Managers
- Managers and Supervisors
- Compliance Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- Non-Profit Administrators
- General Managers
- Office Managers
- Payroll Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Labor Unions
**Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 36 hours after the completion of the live webinar).