Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
An EEOC Audit May Be Coming Soon! Are You Prepared?
29 July 2022 |1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT199
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the enforcement arm for the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protects employees in the workplace from discrimination with authority to investigate, make charges, conduct workplace audits, and levy penalties. The EEOC also provides guidance and tools to assist certain Employers in ensuring that they do not allow or tolerate workplace discrimination. In partnership with the goals and regulations of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the EEOC determines enforcement initiatives every five years called, the EEOC Strategic Enforcement Priorities (SEP). These SEPs are identified and later posted on the EEO website for all to see.
I learned recently from an Employment Law Symposium in Florida, that the EEOC provides this SEP along with another report called the EEO Digest Report, a quarterly publication prepared by the Office of Federal Operations (OFO), which features a wide variety of recent EEOC decisions and federal court cases of interest.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
As a compliance officer, I realized that these resources allowed me to assist my clients in staying ahead of the EEOC by learning their focus and preparing for it. I also learned by using this resource, I can predict what the next enforcement trend is going to be and share it with my clients and colleagues.
- Historical perspective of the EEOC and the new authority they have in making Employers fear violating their regulations Historical perspective of the EEOC and the new authority they have in making Employers fear violating their regulations
- Learn how Employers can utilize the EEOC website resources to mitigate workplace compliance
- Learn how the same resource helps employees file complaints against Employers
- What does the Civil Rights Act have to do with the EEOC?
- The EEOC and the impact of the new White House Administration’s vision of pay equity
- Review the current EEOC Strategic Enforcement Priority (SEP) and see what initiatives are the focus.
- What can reduce the risk for Employers with the new EEOC initiatives?
- Several Updates from the EEOC will impact Employers
- What should Employers look forward to in the next few years?
- What other regulations will be required for federal contractors?
- Learn how the EEOC and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and the EEOC might merge and the impact
- Learn how conducting an internal audit of pay practices can make Employers heroes to their employees
- Learn what the process is if you are audited by the EEOC or the OFCCP
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Human Resources Professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Business owners
- Who handles employee relations issues