Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
How to Document Employee Discussions and Why that is Important
22 April 2019 |10:00 am - 11:00 am BST
Documentation is both the bane and the blessing for HR. It is difficult to get people to do it, but it is preferred by attorneys and believed by judges and juries.
Why should you Attend:Annually hundreds of thousands of lawsuits and hearings occur across the country. Each of these is “legal” proceeding which requires evidence of events that actually occurred.
Documentation is what wins, or in some cases loses these lawsuits and hearings. The result of a lack of documentation results in the loss of millions of dollars each year that might be prevented by a good documentation program.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- How and why documentation is good
- Meets the legal requirements of Federal statutes
- Provides a record of interactions with employees in order to provide better recall of what was said and done
- Helps knowledge retention. No need to have the original parties to have a recollection of the event or conversation
- Provides the legal documentation needed to defend the company in a lawsuit
- We will talk about how documentation will get you in trouble
- What is necessary for good documentation
- We will talk about what tools can be used
With this information, you will be better able to defend the organization from losses incurred due to poor documentation practices.
Who Will Benefit:
- Office Managers
- HR Managers
- Business Owners
Instructor:Michael D.Haberman is a consultant, speaker, writer and teacher. He is co-founder of Omega HR Solutions, Inc. a consulting and services company offering complete human resources solutions. Mike brings years of experience in dealing with the challenges of Human Resources in the 21st century. He has a Master’s in HR and is certified as an Senior HR professional. He has over 17 years’ experience in the class room teaching human resources fundamentals and certification preparation.
Mike is the author of the Human Resources blog found at OmegaHRsolutions.com , which has been recognized as a top human resources related blogs. He has also been named a top Digital Influencer in Human Resources.
NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR