Embezzlement, kickbacks, check fraud, financial statement fraud, and vendor billing schemes are just a few of the countless economic crimes committed by employees and outsiders. And with the march of technology, new computer, and Internet-driven schemes are being deployed by dishonest insiders all the time.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
Organizations of all kinds and sizes are increasingly threatened by employee fraud. In fact, employee fraud represents the majority of all fraud-threatening organizations.
This webinar will provide attendees with a strong foundation of practical knowledge about how common frauds are committed, how to detect the red flags of these crimes, and how to eliminate control deficiencies that provide opportunities for dishonest employees.
- Statistical overview of the fraud problem
- Who commits fraud
- Why employees commit fraud (the fraud triangle)
- Lessons from fraudsters
- Common types of internal fraud today
- Red Flags of Fraud
- Conducting a fraud risk assessment and recognizing the red flags of internal fraud
- The fraud risk mitigation cycle
- Implementing an organization-wide system for detecting, preventing, and investigating fraud
- Fraud detection
- How frauds are most often detected
- Additional general detection methods
- Data mining/analytics for fraud detection
- Examples of fraud audit techniques at work
- Internal controls and other fraud prevention measures
- Who should manage anti-fraud activities
- Best practices in anti-fraud controls
- General controls: Segregation of duties, a delegation of authority, background investigation
- Major fraud categories
- Understand the fraud problem
- Why employees commit fraud
- Essential fraud detection tools and techniques
- Best practices for developing and implementing anti-fraud controls
- Identify the red flags of fraud
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Internal and external audit professionals
- Internal control professionals
- Finance and accounting management
- Compliance and ethics professionals
- Loss prevention and risk specialists
- Security professionals
- Fraud examiners