Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
Even Out the Learning for Internal Justice
20 August 2020 |1:00 pm - 2:30 pm BST
Key Take Away:
Upon completing the session, participants will be able to:
• Explain why access to learning and development can be a question of equity and inclusion
• Review approaches to ensure internal justice
• Use learning and development to encourage diversity, inclusion, and equity
• Ensure the quality of learning and development programs through accreditation
Learning and development is a way to even the playing field, giving everyone fair treatment in qualifying so as to keep their jobs during changing times and to prepare for possible promotions. This session explores learning and development as a means to ensure internal justice.
Areas Covered in the Session:
• Defining key terms and exploring the business needs for internal justice
• Exploring learning and development as one way to ensure internal justice
• Using a step-by-step model for learning and development design to build in an internal justice
Speaker: William J. Rothwell, Ph.D.
William J. Rothwell, Ph.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, CPLP Fellow, is President of Rothwell and Associates, Inc., a full-service consulting company that specializes in succession planning. He is also a Professor of Learning and Performance in the Workforce Education and Development program, Department of Learning and Performance Systems, at The Pennsylvania State University, University Park campus.
Tags: Defining key terms for business needs, Defining key terms for internal business justice, encourage diversity, encourage equity, encourage inclusion, ensure internal justice, human rights, inspiration, internal justice, learning, learning and development, Learning for Internal Justice, model for learning and development, Motivation, organization development, positive culture, Skills development, success, Team development, uality of learning and development programs