Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
Form 941 Essentials: Keys to Payroll Tax Compliance
4 May 2022 |10:00 am - 1:00 pm BST199
During to the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress provided new employment tax credits and other tax relief and Form 941 and related employment tax returns went through several major revisions to accommodate the changes. Going into the first quarter of 2022, the forms used by employers to report employment taxes continue to evolve to reflect the changes in the reporting requirements.
Why Should You Attend:
The quarterly Form 941 reports employee headcount, wages and tips, taxes withheld from employee pay and employer taxes, and tax liability dates that establish due dates for tax deposits. It is the basis for IRS determination of employer compliance with the requirement to withhold and deposit employee income tax and Social Security and Medicare taxes. The tax liability section and Schedule B provide the basis for IRS assessment of deposit penalties.
This webinar covers the fundamental aspects of Form 941 including when to use Form 943, Form 944, or Form 945 instead of Form 941. It also covers the determination of the tax deposit period and the due dates for deposits, a line by line walk through of Form 941, special adjustments required for certain reconciling items such as fractions of cents, uncollected Social Security and Medicare taxes on group term life insurance and tips, and sick pay. Collection and enforcement of federal employment taxes is a current priority for the IRS.
As a result of this session, you should:
- Know how to prepare an error free Form 941
- Know when to use Form 941 or the related Forms 944, 943, and 945
- Understand what constitutes taxable wages and why the amounts are different for different taxes
- Know how to report tax amounts and how to make adjustments for rounding errors
- Know the filing due dates
- Understand the proper reporting of federal tax liability
- Know who should sign the Form 941 and what the signature represents
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- When to use Form 941 – Related Forms 944, 943, and 945
- Updates to the forms related to the COVID-19 tax credits, tax deferrals and Form 7200 claims
- Form 941 fundamentals – A walk through Form 941
- Return Due Dates
- Who should sign the Form 941 and what the signature represents
- Reporting third party sick pay, group term life insurance and tips correctly
- How to reconcile the Forms 941 with the Forms W2
- Tax deposit and reporting requirements – How to determine your deposit schedule
Who Will Benefit:
- Payroll Supervisors and Personnel
- Accounts Payable Supervisors and Personnel
- Public Accountants / Enrolled Agents
- Internal Auditors
- Officers and Managers with Tax Compliance Oversight
- Company / Business Owners
- Managers/ Supervisors