Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
I-9 Audits: Strengthening Your Immigration Compliance Strategies in 2022 and Beyond
14 January |8:00 am - 5:00 pm GMT199
Why Should You Attend:
Are you satisfied that your company complies with all federal immigration regulations, or are you at risk of incurring hefty fines, if not worse, for suspected violations?
In 1986, Congress approved the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) to combat illegal immigration. The IRCA was passed to legalize almost three million unauthorized immigrants while also attempting to discourage future undocumented immigration. All U.S. employers must complete a Form I-9 for each employee hired after November 6, 1986 in order to comply with IRCA’s regulations.
Employers utilize Form I-9 as a record of their reason for assessing an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The form is kept by the employer and must be made available to various federal agencies upon request for examination.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Changes to Form I-9 that became effective May 1, 2020
- What is Form I-9 and who must comply?
- Verification for remote workers
- Exceptions for completing and retaining Forms I-9
- Employer and employee responsibilities when completing Form I-9
- Common Form I-9 errors
- Procedures for correcting errors & omissions
- Form I-9 retention rules
- Form I-9 Internal and External Audits
- Levels of violations
Who Will Benefit:
- Senior Leadership
- Human Resources Directors, Managers & Representatives
- Operations Professionals
- Compliance Professionals
- Recruiting Professionals
- Managers & Supervisors