Project Management for Human Resources
Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
Project Management for Human Resources
21st October 2020 |9:00 am - 23rd October 2020 |4:00 pm BST£1999
HR Managers are asked to juggle a wide variety of assignments and add on special ones as needed. In many companies, the people, who formerly performed specialized tasks, are gone, along with their expertise. The work still needs to be done and HR Managers are called on to take on this work as a “project.” Most HR folks are not trained as project managers and may struggle with getting everything done effectively and efficiently. The basics of project management are universal and many of the “tools” are easy to use. During the disruption caused by COVID-19, additional challenges face HR professionals as they manage special assignments. Get the results your organization expects applying fundamental project management approaches to tackle special assignments and integrate your work into a large project, you manage productively and systematically.
In this practical seminar, you will learn to: plan, execute, and manage projects to get desired results on time, on budget, on target; prevent scope creep, stop firefighting, and put your effort into solving the problem; define potential risks and develop contingency plans; use simple tools to manage projects of any size; and provide stakeholders with the results they expect. This program is highly interactive, with many workshops, activities, and a Case Study. In the Case Study you will apply all the tools and techniques and lock in your learning. You will leave with many resources and a plan to implement what you have learned at work.
Why Should You Attend?
You are already doing more than you thought possible and here comes this “extra” assignment. Instead of being overwhelmed, you will set the work up as a project, manage it using an approach with a track record of success, and get the results your management requires. You’ll hone your existing skills and build on them. You’ll apply what you learn to rest of your assignments, becoming more productive, and still have time to think about how to improve the overall performance of your area of responsibility.
As a result of this program, HR professionals will be able to:
- Recognize the “business problem” before the project begins
- Organize tasks easily into logical groups of activities
- Create a project plan to guide all your efforts
- “Manage” your project “team” even if you don’t have one
- Keep critical stakeholders informed and involved
- Anticipate and prepare for project risk, including COVID-19 HR risks
- Track progress, recognize quickly when results slip, and get back on track
- Lead effective project meetings
- Communicate with anyone and influence others successfully
- Demonstrate successful project completion
- Apply lessons learned to the next project.
- Context for HR Project Management
- What are projects and where do they fit?
- Project success factors and pitfalls
- Project Initiation
- Articulate HR project Business Problem
- Perform Stakeholder analysis
- Planning and Scheduling
- Elicit Requirements
- Analyze scope, constraints, assumptions
- Create Work Breakdown Structure and tactical plan
- Sequence activities optimally with Logic Diagram
- Manage the Critical Path
- Schedule, assign responsibility, and track.
- Cost Management
- Estimate Costs
- Define budget and tracking
- Risk Management
- Define risks, qualitatively and quantitatively
- Plan for COVID-19-specific risk
- Develop Risk Impact Matrix
- Track and manage Risk; Escalate Risk Proactively
- Human Resource and Communication Plan
- Develop Role and Responsibility Plan; Create RACI diagram
- Use powerful communication approaches effectively
- Use influence strategies with key stakeholders
- Develop Management Communications Plan
- Project Execution, Monitoring, and Control
- Define What and How to monitor; scope, schedule, cost, quality
- Capture actual results for scope, schedule, cost, quality
- Project Closure
- Apply Lessons Learned for continuous improvement
Who will benefit:
- HR Professionals
- HR Managers
- New and aspiring HR managers
- HR professionals charged with improving HR performance
- Executives charged with improving HR performance