Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
Recognizing Depression In Your Team During Crisis For Better Mental Health and Well-Being Mental
10 August 2021 |1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT199
With just over one in ten adults experiencing Depression, at some point in their life, we are seeing that this crisis is making it even more difficult for many of our employees to effectively carry on.
For those that are coping with the blues and Depression, you will see their productivity decrease and they will fail to positively engage in their job, which can in return make them even more depressed.
The key is to recognize when our normal blues has escalated into a possible mood disorder.
This webinar will help HR Professionals and organization leaders to understand mood, blues, and Depression and utilize the A-L-E-C model for providing needed support and understanding.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
With the Coronavirus (COVID-19), you are probably seeing employees who may be experiencing signs of the blues and depression. Research shows that it is normal to feel the blues during this crisis, but when that low mood and energy begins to take control and keep your employees from performing their normal activities, it becomes a serious issue.
Successful leaders recognize the depression indicators and look for ways to protect the psychological health of their employees, while those leaders who ignore these psychological health needs, will struggle to be productive, service their customers, and be competitive.
- There is a mental health continuum that we all move along, and it is dynamic as we experience stress, challenge, and crisis
- It is normal to feel sadness and the blues during crisis, but when that low mood or energy begins to take control and prevent performing normal activities, it becomes a serious mental health issue
- Successful leaders recognize the depression indicators and look for ways to protect the psychological health of their employees, while those leaders who ignore these psychological health needs, will struggle to be productive, service their customers, and be competitive
- Increase your knowledge of the signs and symptoms of the blues and Depression in order to recognize the early warning signs of someone that may be at risk
- Improve comfort in addressing depression issues in the workplace using a Supportive Conversations Action Plan in order to effectively encourage support and help
- Validate and direct those experiencing Depression to helpful resources in order to minimize the negative impact that this illness can have on the individual, their family, and their livelihood
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health and Safety Reps
- Union Reps
- Supervisors, Manager, Directors (Team Leads)
- Executive Directors Not-For-Profit
- Business Owners, Entrepreneurs