Are you unsure how to respond to a disabled employee? Would you like an employment lawyer to walk you through every step of the process? If yes, then this is the session for you. Expect to learn from real-world examples that HR professionals are really encountering in the trenches. You will understand every step of the process from beginning to end.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
To avoid being sued for disability discrimination
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Elements of an ADA claim
- Defenses to an ADA claim
3 things attendees will learn in this session:
- Learn what words from the employee trigger your obligations under the ADA.
- Experience actual examples you are likely to encounter, not just obscure legalese
- Leave this session armed with the tools you need to confidently handle your employees asking for accommodations for their disabilities, even invisible disabilities.
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Human Resources professionals (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR)
- Business owners
- Medical Practice Administrators