One of the greatest challenges the U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) faces in enforcing the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is that too often, employees are unaware that they have rights under the FMLA, or that the FMLA even exists. Even for employees that are aware of the FMLA, there is an additional hurdle. The FMLA is very technical, unwieldy, and can be difficult to understand, even for experienced practitioners.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
FMLA can be challenging to administer and cause many headaches for HR. This webinar will review the top ten most pressing FMLA mistakes employers make so that you will be in compliance with the FMLA regulations, and able to best administer FMLA leave of absence issues.
Employers should never take a holiday from dealing with the Family and Medical Leave Act’s (FMLA) requirements. Legal experts say the law is full of traps that can snag employers that let their guard down, and they recommend that employers shore up FMLA compliance efforts by avoiding common missteps such as:
- Having No FMLA Policy
- Counting Light-Duty Work as FMLA Leave
- Silent and/or Untrained Managers
- Missed Notices
- Incomplete Certifications
- The top ten (or more) FMLA traps that land employers in hot water
- Developing sound FMLA policy and practices in your organization
- Employer obligations, and rights under the FMLA
- Communicating with the employee, and with healthcare providers
- Tips on what employers should, and should NOT do under the FMLA
- The ADA interactive process – its importance in FMLA administration
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- HR Professionals
- Business Owners
- Payroll Professionals