Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
Ways to Handle Difficult Remote Employees
23 September 2020 |1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Key Take Away:
Difficult employees can be even more of a challenge during virtual meetings. It is key to identify the difficult person and to know how to react to them. Difficult people create uncomfortable situations and they are hard to interact within a business-like manner. They can be disruptive and loud or quiet and withdrawn.
Difficult people are everywhere
• Their numbers are small, but their impact is large
• They exhibit habitual behavior that affects most people in a negative way.
The important skills are identifying the types of difficult people and ways to manage them.
Why Should You Attend:
If you are not sure how to handle a difficult person, you need to attend this webinar.
Difficult people come in all shapes and sizes and their stress characteristics can make them more difficult when they are remote, and people are not in the same physical location.
Areas Covered in the Session:
• What do you do when you encounter a difficult person especially now when all the meetings and interactions are virtual?
• The presentation gives you action steps and processes that work
• There are different ways to handle the different types of difficult people.
• Learn to identify the different types of difficult people and ways to manage them.
• It is important that “you” take control of the situation rather than having the difficult person take control.
• Also learn the common mistakes most people make with difficult people.
Who will benefit:
• HR leaders and managers, all leaders, managers, individual contributors, high potentials, etc.
• Vice President
• Regional Vice President
• Project Managers
• Chief Learning Officer
• HR Professionals
• Training Professionals
Speaker: Valerie Pelan, Executive Leadership Coach
Valerie has provided one-on-one leadership coaching for SVP, VP, Directors, and Entrepreneurs for over 15 years. Her clients represent a variety of industries: technology, energy, consumer products, healthcare, and financial services.
Tags: Common mistakes most people make with difficult people, Communication Skills, Dealing With Difficult People, Emotional Intelligence, Handle a difficult person, Handle Employees Remotely, Handle Employees Virtually, Handle the different types of difficult people, Leadership Effectiveness, Leadership Style, Management Skills, Managing Multiple Locations, Managing Your Entire Team Remotely, Performance Motivation, Prioritizing Tasks, Relationship-Building Skills, Remote Workforce, Take control of the situation, Team Performance, Time Management, Virtual Greatness, Virtual Leadership, Virtual Teams, Virtual Workforce, Ways to Handle Difficult Remote Employees