Winning Insights Wales Thought and Action Group (TAG)
Our aim is to build on and grow a thriving EFS Community of like-minded individuals and organisations within Wales. We will use this as a platform to help transform the world of work by raising awareness of the benefits of an engaged workforce and influencing behaviour. We also believe we can help tap into the potential for organisations to thrive and grow within the Welsh economy and support sustainable improvement across Wales.
Our priorities for the next 12 months
- Events – we’ll hold events to help raise the profile of employee engagement, update on the progress of the group and engage with the our community
- Research project updates – we’ll be bringing you the emerging findings from our research project ‘Winning Insights from Sport and Business in Wales’
- Website – we’ll keep improving our Wales web pages here on the EFS website, updating with the latest news, useful links, videos and other learning materials
- Case studies – we’ll showcase talent and share engagement best practice in Wales
Wales event: The Heart and Soul of Engagement
- 17 October, Pier Head Building, Cardiff Bay
The group, made up of fellow volunteers and encouraged by interest from professionals across all sectors, have been working out how we as a group can best deliver value to those who want to make our working lives in Wales better.
By better, we mean supporting the leaders of our organisations to be the best leaders they can be, listening to our employees like never before, demonstrating our organisational values and beliefs with integrity and respect and making sure we tell our stories in a way our people can really get behind. These are the four pillars which underpin the Engage for Success movement.
- Jo Hicks, Director, Academi Wales
- John-Mark Frost, District Manager, DWP
Case study 1: Strong vision / leadership
- Richard Thorne, Group HR Manager, Admiral
Case study 2: Enabling Managers
- Greg Evans, Operational Director, Horizon Nuclear Power
Case study 3: Employee voice
- Angela Hughes, CEO Wales Air Ambulance Trust
Case study 4: Organisational integrity
- Nita Clarke, OBE, Co-founder of Engage for Success
If you’d like to find out more about the Engage for Success Wales event, please check out some of the materials from the day:
Research: ‘Winning Insights from Sport and Business in Wales'
This unique piece of research will explore the what business and sporting leaders in Wales can learning from each other to create high performing teams and sustain performance, wellbeing and engagement. Find out more by reading the 'Winning Insights from Sport and Business in Wales' research outline (PDF 900KB).
If you're interested in the work we're doing in Wales please subscribe to our newsletter here and for the movement in general please subscribe to the Engage for Success mailing list to be the first to hear about our latest research and upcoming events.
Further information and related links
Visit the Wales HR Network website to find out more about their upcoming events.