Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
The team must be a cooperative unit. There are 6 key skills to be a successful team leader. The leader must understand how good teams form and how to keep team members engaged even when they are remote and meetings are virtual. Key is the shift from hierarchical leadership to a team-based structure.
• The team leader must know the difference between the team and the working group.
• They must also know how to lead virtual teams and how to engage team members.
• This presentation will cover in-depth the 6 skills needed to form a “team”.
• Key is the shift from hierarchical leadership to a team-based structure
Areas Covered in the Session:
These are the key areas that will be covered in the presentation:
• Definition of a Team- even if all the members are remote and meet virtually
• How a team builds Trust
• Keys to motivating team members
• Open communication builds trust and constructive discussions (“Conflict”) improves outcomes
• Understand the importance of “ground rules”
• Express a team vision or unifying purpose: from me to “we”
Speaker: Valerie Pelan, Executive Leadership Coach
Valerie has provided one-on-one leadership coaching for SVP, VP, Directors, and Entrepreneurs for over 15 years. Her clients represent a variety of industries: technology, energy, consumer products, healthcare, and financial services.
Clients agree Valerie’s coaching helped them improve their Executive Presence, develop an effective communication style, and increased strategic perspective.
Valerie’s coaching focuses on key leadership skills for the 21st century: global team leadership, employee engagement, and diversity. These areas along with a dynamic leadership model supported her clients’ career opportunities.
Tags: 6 Key Steps to Managing Remote Teams, Advantages and Disadvantages Of Virtual Teams, Communication Skills, Critical Success Factors For Virtual Teams, Engage and Manage Remote Teams, How to build Team Trust, Importance of team vision, Increase employee engagement, keep team members engaged, Leadership Tips, Managing Multiple Locations, Managing Remote Teams, Reinforce team identity, Remote Workforce, Virtual Greatness, Virtual Leadership, Virtual Team Success, Virtual Teams, Work From Home, Workplace Leadership