Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
Harassment, Bullying, Gossip, Confrontational and Disruptive Behavior: A Manager’s Guide on How to Detox and Neutralize a Negative Workplace
17 February |3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST199
Bad attitudes, jealousy, and disruptive behavior will sabotage your organization’s morale, lower self-esteem, and reduce teamwork and productivity. When toxic behavior infects a department, managers may be tempted to ignore it or give in, the wrong thing to do, but tolerating it is not a solution! This session will show you how to neutralize gossip and put a system in place to ensure it does not re-occur, starting with that Zero Tolerance and workplace reprimands. The destructive effects of blaming others, griping, pessimism, and always passing the buck need to be stopped. In this session, you will learn to keep emotional control and tame disruptive and destructive behavior.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
What happened to respect? Rude, indifferent, emotionally troubled, overworked, and disengaged employees do more harm to your business and employee productivity than you can afford. A workplace culture of tolerating a bad attitude by one or more employees is unacceptable. A lot of times, the cause of the employee attitude is generated from how they are treated at work, a seeming lack of respect for them. Is it you or is it them that is the problem? When you fully exercise your position power, you will dramatically improve the strained relationship and drive up their power.
Respect comes from knowing the person and this session is about how to find out what matters, drives, and engages them. When you have a language of caring, you create respect. This session is about how to change this person’s viewing and behavior to move them to be solution orientated. Respect drives up trust, engagement, and creativity. When you move from cautious and superficial small talk to dealing with the issue in a language of caring and a blameless apology, you go from a response of: “I thought you would never ask” to “Thank you, let’s clear this up.”
- How do managers inadvertently reward harmful and destructive behaviors?
- The steps you need to act on to keep total control of the situation
- The four types of problem employees there can be and how they become a problem
- How to turn around the gossip, gab, and grapevine to create more empowered employees?
- How to tell when someone is lying to you and how to confront them on it?
- When to focus on the behavior you see and not the attitude behind it?
- How do you identify all the forms of bullying that you need to control?
- Learn which topics should not be talked about at work
- How to stop the rumor mill before it gets started with a policy of transparency?
- Why do people want to ‘push your buttons’ with their off-side or inappropriate comments?
- The D.I.S.C. personality profile – teaches how people do what they do good or bad
- How to control the office’s unwritten rules that become a negative culture to discipline?
- How to adopt great techniques to use when employees blame others or deny responsibility?
One of the worse things that a workplace can have is a negative environment. The webinar focuses on how to handle negativity among employees and exercise your power to promote trust, engagement, and creativity and improve the overall working environment.
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
This webinar is perfect for anyone with a disruptive company culture of harassment, gossip, bullying, or toxic behavior.
Bonus: Complimentary Resources
- Several will be offered at the conclusion of the session from
- e-books to articles on conflict resolution and engagement.