Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
Proven Practices to Help Manage Your Work-From-Home Employees
22 April |10:00 am - 23 April |4:00 pm BST1699
Working remotely is becoming more of a norm across all industries. Various studies have shown that it is more difficult to get virtual teams to bond, harder for informal leaders to emerge, tougher to create genuine dialogue, and easier for misunderstandings to escalate. There are a couple key techniques that are specific to remote management. As remote employees, we must put in extra effort to influence a positive team dynamic and ensure remote workers feel connected to other colleagues and to the business overall. Trust is a key factor and needs to be established quickly when working with remote team members, as well as consistent and clear communication to collaborate towards successful outcomes. You need tools that will help you to influence others, address differences and establish credibility while learning how to collaborate across time zones and even cultures. This course examines the foundations for effectively working remotely where you will learn tips on how to build strong working relationships within the team to ensure collaboration.
- Identify all the challenges managers’ and employees face when working remotely
- Appreciate the mindset that you will need to experience as a remote manager
- Explore tactics and tools to overcome remote team building challenges
- Identify the key skills required when working remotely
- Learn enhanced skills to achieve the outcome you seek around communication, relationship building, collaboration and trust
- Discuss and provide effective feedback to manage performance
- Provide clear and concise directions and set expectations for follow through
- Recognize communication challenges and how to overcome them
- Review the success factors for managing remote teams to avoid burnout
- Learn to Keep you and your employees emotionally healthy when they’re working remotely
Module One: Dealing with real challenges from the remote workplace
- Unique challenges of working in a remote, remote or dispersed team
- Success factors for remote teams
- Building trust with supervisor and colleagues in a remote environment
Who will Benefit:
Any and all newly transitioned to supervisory, managerial role, all leaders working or managing a remote or dispersed team of employees across all industries