Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
Global Wizdom is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Change is unavoidable and often many of the changes we face are not fully in our control. How do you adapt to change and protect your mental health?
If you believe that change is bad, it is. The more that we resist change the tougher our life becomes and the more detrimental it will be to our mental health. Research shows that being unprepared and resistant to change leads to an increase in chronic stress, and an increase in physical symptoms, such as headaches and back pain. It can also lead to an increase in absenteeism and conflict, as well as a decrease in trust Successful leaders who know how to relentlessly focus on adapting to the changes around them are able to move through the change faster and with a less negative impact on their physical and mental health.
Why Should You Attend:
Feeling hopeless in the face of constant change makes it difficult to take any steps forward. Overwhelm, fatigue, and despair can lead to mental health issues.
Throughout this presentation discover how to move from overwhelmed and despair to a place of RESILIENCY. By focusing on relentless adaptation to change, you will learn how to stay healthy and minimize the chaos. Explore a variety of useful, workable, and practical ways to help relieve stress, improve productivity, and garner more energy using the 10 Up Factor.
Areas Covered in the Session:
• Leaders who relentlessly adapt will thrive through challenges and those who resist will struggle to be productive, service their customers, and be competitive.
• There is a mental health continuum that we all move along and it is dynamic as we experience stress, challenge, and crisis.
• Coping with change hinges not just on your knowledge and skills, but also on your ability to recover and remain energized during these challenging situations.
• Going through change is not always easy and a crisis or an unexpected challenge can throw us off-balance and leave us feeling overwhelmed.
• Relentless Adaptation can provide protection to your mental health in the face of adverse conditions.
• If the current reality is not ideal, move forward in creating your plan of action.
Speaker: Beverly Beuermann-King
Beverly Beuermann-King specializes in working with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life’s challenges, and live healthy, successful lives using her S-O-S Principle™.