Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
Stay Interviews: A Powerful and Low-Cost Employee Engagement and Retention Tool
18 August 2020 |1:00 pm - 2:00 pm BST
Adding stay interviews to your engagement and retention strategies can help your organization retain critical employees and your top talent. It’s the single best tool you can give managers.
A recent Harvard Business Review article ‘How to Keep Your Top Talent’ warns that 25% of your top talent plans to jump ship in the next year. It also found one in three admits to not putting all their effort into their jobs. This should be alarming to companies who believe that their competitiveness relies on the passion, drive, and creative energy of their talented people.
Areas Covered in the Session:
• Identify five key factors that impact an employee’s desire to stay or leave
• Recognize four possible “triggers” that cause the employee to consider leaving
• Learn how to ask probing questions and conduct effective, efficient stay interviews
• Survey a list of eight retention actions to increase employee’s loyalty and commitment
• Review a sample of stay interview questions and develop your own customized list to ask
• Discover how to develop stay plans for your employees and manage accountability
Speaker: Marcia Zidlehas 25 years of management, business consulting, and international experience in a variety of industries including health care, financial services, oil and gas, manufacturing, insurance, pharmaceuticals, hospitality, government, and nonprofits.
Tags: Communication Skills, develop employees stay plans, develop stay plan, Develop Stay Plans, Eliminate Turnover Triggers, Emotional Intelligence, Employee engagement, employee satisfaction, employees accountability, engagement strategies, Exit Interviews, identify Employee problems, Intervention Strategies, Low-Cost Employee Engagement, Low-Cost Retention, Performance Motivation, Powerful Employee Engagement, Powerful Employee Retention, Retain Critical Employees, Retention, retention strategies, Retention Tools, Stay Interviews, Workplace Leadership