Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
What Employers Need to Know About Paid Leave Laws
8 November 2021 |1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST149
LIVE ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
1 CEU HRCI | 1 PDC SHRM APPROVED
Paid Family Leave as well as Paid Sick Leave has gained momentum in many States and localities. Many of these laws impose obligations well beyond those imposed by the federal Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). For those of you with employees in more than one State, the myriad of obligations increases exponentially—especially during the time of COVID. This webinar will provide an overview of those States that have passed Paid Family Leave and Paid Sick Leave laws and their key components.
- What an effective, legal PTO policy looks like
- The new executive order requiring federal contractors to grant paid sick leave to employees
- Where paid sick leave laws have passed or are being considered across the country
- Requirements concerning carryover and notice/posting requirements
- PTO recommended practices on tricky issues, including partial-day absences, use of accrued PTO during furloughs, a “use it or lose it” policy, and structuring your PTO bank
- Combining PTO leave with protected leave under FMLA – the when and how to do it
- What you need to know before changing PTO accrual rates
- PTO and the exempt employee: When you can dock their pay without jeopardizing the exemption
- Cashing out unused time — PTO counts as a wage under state law
- Legal ways to institute caps on vacation banks
- How PTO works when an employee is eligible for pregnancy disability leave or paid family leave
Why You Should Attend:
Do you offer paid sick and/or family medical leave to your employees? Currently, eight states, plus the District of Columbia have Paid Family Leave Laws. 13 states, plus the District of Columbia and many localities have paid/earned sick/safe leave laws on their books – and that number is growing – so soon you may not have a choice. Add to that, with COVID-19, employers are dealing with a patchwork of overlapping and at times, seeming conflicting laws—especially those with employees in more than one State!
Now is the time to anticipate the changes that you might need to make to your existing policies if paid sick leave comes to your jurisdiction
In this webinar, we will discuss developments related to paid family and sick leave and how they may affect your daily operations and workplace policies, and some recommendations for administering/managing PTO.
Who Should Attend:
- Business owners
- Senior Managers
- All managers
- R. Professionals at all levels
- In—House Counsel
- Leave Administrators
- Benefits Administrators
During the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question, and get a direct response from our expert speaker.
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address, in the next 2 -3 days once the webinar is accomplished.