Please note that events are moderated so there may be a delay between you posting it and your event being live on the site.
- This event has passed.
With Mandatory Paid Leave Gaining Ground, Is It Time To Do Away With Your PTO and Go Back to a Sick/Vacation Time Off Program?
30 June |1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT199
Fifteen states and The District of Columbia require paid sick leave. Fifteen other states will pass new legislation soon to require businesses to offer paid sick leave to employees. Other states will follow suit in the next year or so and a Federal Law requiring paid sick leave seems to be getting closer and closer to being passed.
- In addition to state laws, over 20 municipalities also require paid sick leave.
- Do you have a Federal Contract? If so, you are required to have a sick leave policy.
- Do you have a contract with a municipality? If so, have you checked to see if you have to offer paid sick leave?
- It’s hard to stay in compliance as all of the laws are different.
PTO or Paid Time Off programs that combined vacation and sick leave into one bucket of time off were the trends for many years. Changing back to a Sick and Vacation time off plan could save your company millions of dollars and many organizations are considering moving away from PTO back to a Sick/Vacation plan. PTO may become obsolete as many states require payment of unused PTO upon termination, however, the same states do not require payment of unused sick leave.
In this webinar, we will be reviewing the myriad of paid leave laws, tips on staying in compliance making the transition from a PTO plan to a Sick/Vacation plan, and Action Items to take to ensure compliance and possibly save your company a lot of money.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- With the above-described legislation, changes must be made to time-off policies.
- Multi-State employers need to know what the compliance requirements are – by the way, each state and municipality have different rules for accrual of sick leave, the reasons they can be used, and recordkeeping.
- Under the mandatory paid sick leave, abuse will become a huge problem – how will your organization deal with it.
- Current Mandatory Paid Sick Leave Laws are in place.
- A review of pending legislation.
- An overview of Mandatory Paid Leave Regulations
- A comparison of PTO policies vs. Sick/Vacation
- Conducting a cost-benefit analysis for both plans
- Planning for change
- Communication the change
- Action Items for participants
- Gaining an understanding of the various states and municipalities mandating paid sick leave
- Understanding the good points and not-so-good points about different types of paid leave
- Learning how to do a cost-benefit analysis on both types of paid leave
- Learn what to look for when planning the change
- Effectively communicating change that is critical to the success of the change in your program
- Developing a plan of action to ensure all bases are covered.
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Human Resources Professionals
- Payroll administrators
- Benefits Professionals
- Business Managers
- Business Owners
More Info – https://bit.ly/3NcimcM