Leadership and Engagement in the Construction Industry
The story so far:
The Leadership & Engagement group has been busy researching how to improve productivity and engagement levels within the construction industry.
With the endorsement of the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB), construction companies were sought to take part in the research, culminating in a tailor made Leadership & Engagement survey. The CITB supported this research both financially and by sharing details of a previous study on awareness of Distributed Leadership within the Industry.
Three well-known construction companies have so far taken part in this wide-ranging programme. The initial survey results have shown clear linkage between Leadership & Engagement. Practical guidance is being prepared for the construction Industry to show the leadership actions that can have the greatest effect on engagement. In addition, 2 of the companies that took part are producing a case study about their valuable experience of the EFS research.
There is plenty more for the TAG to continue with!
- CITB will, in conjunction with this group, encourage construction companies to extend their engagement surveys to correlate Leadership with Engagement.
- Seek out additional sectors to research the linkage between Leadership & Engagement
Volunteers of this group include:
- Bernd Vogel & Ana Graca, Henley Business School Centre for Engaging Leadership
- Gareth Edwards, University of West England Centre for Leadership Development
- Vlatka Hlupic, Professor of Business and Management, University of Westminster
- Nigel Girling, Director of The National Centre for Strategic Leadership. Babington Group
- Siva Canagassababady, NORDAM, Aviation & Aerospace supply chain
- Lesley Kaye, HR Consultant
- Terry Grourk, MD Enhancing Surveys and Chair TAG Leadership & Engagement
We are actively seeking more people to join us to help complete this work. We would like to publish our findings at a launch event to coincide with the 2018 EFS Conference.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Gary Gill, EFS Research Director at email@example.com