The Engage for Success Education Thought and Action Group (E4S EduTAG) brings together individuals who are passionate about making a difference in Education. In particular, we want to address the issue of teacher engagement and the impact that is currently having on students. We believe that happier teachers equals happier students.
Our approach consists of the following:
We are continually gathering information into the key drivers of low engagement in Education and its impact on teachers, students, parents, communities and the world at large. We will develop a White Paper containing our critical findings covering:
- Stage of life of the teacher
- School performance
- Geography / Demographics of school
- Funding available to school
- Ability to find alternative employment
- Type of school (state/private)
- Head teacher leadership style
- Workload / Disillusionment
- Parents (positive or negative)
- Media influence / School reputation
Developing a Movement
We are seeking to create enough support for positive action by initiating two events:
- A virtual Education Round Table discussion with 4-5 education influencers to discuss the issue of teacher dis-engagement, its impact on future generations and ideas to change the course of history – planned for 24 October 2018.
- A conference where those who are both willing and able to address the issues we are raising will gather to add real momentum to our ‘movement’ – date TBC but is likely to be towards the end of 2019.
Developing a Manifesto
We will create a manifesto for positive teacher engagement everywhere that speaks to the following current issues:
- Reduce cost of teaching for the tax-payer by increasing teacher retention and reducing the number of teachers who leave the profession early.
- Reduce school costs by reducing teacher absenteeism and sickness.
- Improve student outcomes by having happy, motivated and consistent teachers who deliver better quality teaching.
Proof of Concept
If you have direct experience of working in education or work with educators, have knowledge of the above areas and are up for a fun, rewarding and wholly worthwhile challenge then please email email@example.com for an initial discussion.