The Cross Cultures Group launched in February 2013 and was concluded in July 2017, chaired most recently by Cinthya Quijano.
It was created to become the go-to source of practical advice and guidance about how to increase engagement internationally and to produce practical ways to improve engagement for employers and employees in a multi-cultural work environment. It aimed to achieve that by:
- Growing awareness about the power and potential of engaging people in culturally appropriate ways in different countries
- Developing a powerful range of evidence to support this
- Providing practical ideas and tools to equip people to develop and employ approaches to increase engagement internationally
- Inspiring people to get involved in the movement by facilitating access to like-minded communities, experts and leaders
The Group’s vision was:
- That growing British business through international expansion is a critical part of strengthening the British economy
- That there are better and smarter ways to work across international boundaries, countries and multi-cultural businesses
- A happy and motivated workforce releases more of the capability and potential of people at work both here in the UK and abroad, which serves to unlock the potential of business and international markets – and that there is an undeniable business case to support this
What we have achieved:
Over the four years, the group has successfully delivered:
- ‘Engaging Internationally – Best Practice and Principles’in November 2013.
- ‘Engage the World 2015 – Dialogue Across Cultures’in November 2015.
The group is now closed but if you have any questions please get in touch via: http://engageforsuccess.org/contact-us