ACAS has published their new research in partnership with East Lancashire East Hospitals NHS Trust on mediation and resolution in the workplace.
The research highlights how mediation can have a positive effect on organisations, and what employers can proactively do to support their people to manage conflict well.
Key findings from the research include:
· Benefits of inhouse workplace mediation as a way to manage conflict
· Benefits of a structured approach to early conflict resolution – where informal options are given the opportunity to succeed
· How line manager confidence and capability is essential for informal methods to work
· Advice, support and skills training to help employers to benefit from inhouse dispute resolution
Further guidance about the dispute resolution and mediation can be found here.
Podcast: The cost of conflict
- When the whole is greater than the sum of the parts – managing conflict at work
- When the whole is greater than the sum of the parts – managing conflict inside the workplace
- Managing workplace conflict
Photo credit: Karolina Grabowska